Nvidia to Show Off Dual-Core GTX 590

Written by John Ponio    Friday, 25 February 2011 16:33

NVIDIA Logo

Nvidia is planning on releasing a new dual-core GTX 590 in mid-March (at the earliest), according to Digitimes. Around this time AMD is rumored to be releasing their HD 6990. The article says that AMD is putting off the release of their already-shown off HD 6990 to make sure Nvidia doesn't alter their GTX 590. After seeing a drop in entry-level graphics cards sales, both Nvidia and AMD are moving their focus to higher-end GPUs. The article also says that Nvidia has 60% of the market share, while AMD has the rest with 40%.