Usually AMD releases a new Catalyst driver for their video cards about once a month. This kept people updating drivers frequently, but also helped resolve issues quickly. In a recent blog post, AMD announced that they're going to be moving away from monthly updates, and that their goal will now be "to ensure that every Catalyst release delivers a substantial benefit to our end users." With this announcement also comes the Catalyst 12.6 Beta, which brings a whole slew of great updates to the table.
The resolved issues follow:
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Tri-CrossFire configurations + Eyefinity no longer results in a BSOD when launching a DirectX application
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations no longer results in a BSOD when using desktop applications
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 cards no longer hang when system goes to sleep
- Resolves CrossFire scaling issues seen in AMD Catalyst 12.4 with Elder Scrolls: Skyrim CrossFire
- AMD Catalyst Control Center – Overdrive page is no longer intermittently missing
- AMD Catalyst Control Center – GPU Activity gauge is no longer missing
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 CrossFire Configuration – no longer results in system hang after cinematic in Call Of Duty: Black Ops
- Heroes and Generals: Blocky corruption in scenes with smoke effects when run in DirectX 11 mode are no longer experienced
- HDMI audio is no longer disabled if the connected HDTV is powered Off/On
Read the announcement for yourself here
. Download links are at the bottom of the page.