AMD's Catalyst 12.4 Driver Suite was recently released, bringing with its usual slew of updates support for Linux operating systems, both x86 and 64 bit versions. Although official support is only for the "early look" version of Precise Pangolin, everything should work for today's official release of Precise Pangolin, if you're an AMD user. So what else is in this driver update? Well, here's a list taken from the AMD blog:
- HD 7xxx Series Support in Windows XP
- Super Sampling Anti-aliasing for the HD 7900, 7800, and 7700 cards
- Morphological Anti-aliasing for the HD 7900, 7800, 7700 cards as well as HD 6000 and 5000 series cards
- Texture filtering quality improvements for the HD 7900, 7800, and 7700 cards
- Elder Scolls: Skyrim : flickering square corruption is no longer observed.
- Rage : Vsync is no longer disabled after task switching.
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars : no longer crashes when launched in High Performance Mode.
- Stalker – Call of Pripyat : flickering is no longer observed in trees with specific Catalyst Control Center settings.
- Tearing is no longer observed on the third screen in 3×1 and 1×3 Eyefinity configurations.
Read the full blog post here
, and download the driver update here
if you haven't all ready.